If you have chronic kidney disease (CKD), you can take steps to protect your kidneys from more damage.
- Maintain a healthy blood pressure level.
The most important thing you can do to treat kidney illness is to control your blood pressure. Hypertension can cause kidney injury. You can preserve your kidneys by maintaining the blood pressure at or below the level recommended by your doctor. Blood pressure will be less than 140/90 mm Hg for the majority of people.
- If you have diabetes, achieve your blood glucose target.
Your specialist would also check your A1C.. The A1C complete blood count ( cbc determines your normal blood sugar level over the last three months. This test is distinct from the routine blood glucose tests you perform. The higher your A1C score, the larger your blood sugar over the last three months. Maintain a close eye on your daily blood glucose levels to help you reach your A1C target.
- Assess your kidney health with the help of your medical team.
The tests used by doctors to diagnose kidney illness could also be used to detect changes in kidney function and damage. Kidney disease deteriorates with time. Ask your healthcare provider how well the test findings compare to the previous ones every time you are examined.
- Take medicines exactly as directed.
Take your medicines as per your doctor’s advice.
- Create a food plan with the help of a dietician.
- Include physical activity in your daily routine.
- Strive towards a healthy weight.
- Get adequate rest.
- Quit smoking.
- Discover healthy coping mechanisms for stress and despair.
If you are facing these 10 Things, Get Kidney Treatment at our San Dimas, Covina, Pasadena, Upland & Ontario Clinics. Please call to make an appointment: California Kidney Specialists